Take our quiz!
Take our quiz!
Who made the list?
June 24th, 2014
Today is writer, actress, fashionista, comedian, feminist, and all-around awesome-sauce Mindy Kaling’s 35th birthday. I know, I know. I’m thinking the same thing. Why are we at work when this should obviously be a national holiday? I don’t freaking know.
From her real-life quotes to her time as Mindy Lahiri on The Mindy Project and Kelly Kapoor on The Office, let’s have a look at 35 (even though we could go on forever) reasons why we’re thankful for the amazing Mindy Kaling.
1. I genuinely find it difficult to discuss Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me without tearing up. Forget Weird Science. This is the greatest revenge of the nerds book. BRB, gotta go let my freak flag fly.
2. Mindy reminds us to define ourselves by our present, not our past.
3. She reminds us to always have a game plan.
4. As a writer, actress, executive producer and director, she gave us some of the greatest episodes of The Office.
5. She respects the female and male body.
6. She knows the value of a good burn.
7. She is not here for your BS break up line.
8. She’s the only celebrity to give out useful workout advice.
9. She knows it’s important to comfort others.
10. She gives credit where credit is due.
11. Her movie references are on-point.
12. She has excellent taste in men.
13. She makes me want to go back to school, just so I can start a petition to have Mindy Kaling speak at my commencement.
14. Mindy proves that starting out as an intern, in her case on Conan O’Brien, is worth working for free.
15. She knows the critical difference between being drunk and tipsy (tipsy means you know it’s time to rest).
17. Mindy Kaling backs up her points.
18. She knows how to make guests feel welcome.
19. Her Instagram game is on point, with hilarious comments and fierce fashion.
20. This is how she responded to critics who believe it’s up to Mindy Kaling to single-handedly eradicate decades of racism on her show.
21. BRB, no time for this.
22. We totally know.
23. It’s totally normal to have Mindy Kaling as your role model.
24. Preach x 2
25. She thinks on her feet.
26. Her words inspire works of art.
27. She’s always trying to help others.
28. She’s a Potterhead.
30. Kaling first gained attention for playing Ben Affleck in a play she and her friend wrote all about Affleck and Matt Damon. How cool is that?
31. She knows that some days require a label.
32. Mindy reminds us you still have to hold it together at rock bottom.
33. Because her friendship with BJ Novak is everything.
34. But seriously, thanks for The Office.
35. And for making sure we don’t have to be alone.