Finale Friday 9E/6P
Watch Tuesday 8E/5P
Vote now for Your Fave!
October 31st, 2008
Photo from Melissa Bernais on Flickr
As I sit here
staring at eating a beer cup full of mini chocolate bars that I jacked from a giant bowl in a board room, I realize that thanks to the wonders of modern office parties, I don’t have to go trick or treating to stuff my drooling maw with sugar. But I think we all still get a little nostalgic for those days, which is why I must now list my favourite Halloween candy in order of priority. Halloween kisses will NOT make an appearance on this list because they’re totally the junk you gave to your parents, but it’s not like they were getting shafted, cause for some reason they liked them anyway. Just like how dads like dutchie donuts. Gross! Oh yeah, the list:
1. Mini chocolate bars (obviously). But once I ate too many of them and kind of got a little sick. And this was only three years ago at a working event, no less, so it’s not like I learned my lesson early.
2. Caramel apples. But you have to know the person, trust that they’re accomplished in the kitchen and that the final product won’t taste like their house smells. You know what I’m talking about?
3. Cheesies. People make fun of Britney’s love for Cheetos, but you know you love them too. Don’t hate, participate.
4. Sour peaches/cherry blasters. More please!
5. Tootsie Pops. Can anybody get through one without biting prematurely to get to the centre?
Dishonourable Mentions (aka: Why Do You Bother?)
- Raisins. I applaud your dedication to the cause of a healthy nation, but this is Halloween. Candy is not only celebrated, it is encouraged.
- Halloween Kisses. Addressed above. If my parents didn’t eat them, they’d be the last thing left in my stash and would eventually collect dust, unless I ate some in an act of sugar desperation.
Now you! Post your faves in the comments!Tweet