Watch online now!
Vote now for Your Fave!
2013 MMVAs on June 16!
Watch May 23 8E/5P
April 23rd, 2010
You may not know this but our glamorous and beautiful Sarah Taylor is a big environmentalist. She makes helping the planet look easy and wants to help you by breaking it down to a few steps. So, we now present you with Sarah Taylor’s top five tips for helping the environment after the jump.
1) If It’s Yellow Let It Mellow: Okay, so this may not be the most popular idea for public bathrooms but if you just go pee when you visit the washroom try not flushing it every time. This works best when at home with your understand and cooperative family but it will save a ton of water. Most of the planet has limited drinking water and you use one gallon of water every time you flush.
2) Watch Avatar: This movie has a strong environmental message that teaches viewers about conservation and respecting indigenous cultures. They stand behind their earth message so much, they changed the DVD and Blu-ray release date to Earth day yesterday. Also, it made Sarah cry.
3) Bike Gang Glamour: Take transit, walk or bike whenever you can. It is both better for your lungs and the planet. Sarah is an avid bike rider. Keep an eye out for her as you cycle through Toronto’s streets.
4) Give your Clothing a Conscience: If you tuned in to MOD on Thursday, you probably saw Sarah’s vintage makeover with one of our audience members. Vintage clothing is a chic as mall styles, and is even more unique. If you want to make your closet distinctive and memorable, check out your local vintage stores or even your local Good Will. They have half price days once a month!
5) Food For Thought: Do you even wonder how you can eat a banana in rural Manitoba or an avocado in St. John’s? The average food product travels 2,000 km before it reaches your home. If you multiply that by all the food you eat each day, that is a lot of fuel. Try eating food grown near your home that doesn’t take a global road trip to your plate.