Take our quiz!
Take our quiz!
January 30th, 2013
To celebrate the release of their album Heartthrob, MUCH is bringing Tegan and Sara fans That Much Closer to their favourite band. Shot during the duo’s recent concert in Toronto, our cameras got exclusive access to the pop singers and found out what the new record means to them.
Check out our cameras bringing you That Much Closer to Tegan and Sara below as well as five amazing facts from from director Jeff Burns about the shoot that almost didn’t happen. Click here to check out a gallery from the shoot as well.
1. The performance footage that is jumping from side to side is a technique called stereoscopic. It is similar to 3D footage. It was shot with two cameras slightly offset from each other.
2. The balloons were custom made for this shoot. They all have the much logo on them. We ordered 250 of them. They also have a small led in them.
3. Originally we were supposed to shoot Tegan and Sara at the ACC. They were on tour opening for the Killers. However The Killers cancelled because the lead singer came down with laryngitis. Kudos to Tegan and Sara’s team for the quick turn around. They found out Thursday night that the show would be cancelled. By noon the next day they had found a new venue (the Phoenix) for their own show and had completely sold it out. We shot on the Saturday.
4. We were given total access. I have been to hundred’s of concerts, but I have never seen a show from the side of the stage. It was really cool.
5. I have worked with many famous people. Athletes, musicians etc. These are two of the nicest people you could meet or work with. There was no attitude. All in all it was a lot of fun to work with them.