Are the odds in your favour?
Take the quiz!
April 13th, 2012
Justin Bieber isn’t the only one who loves Carly Rae Jepsen! We’ve been dancing to Jepsen for years and we thought it was time for MuchMusic to get That Much Closer to one of our fave Canadian singers! Director Ray Wong put together a treatment that was pure Carly – fun, bright and impossible to take your eyes off of! Wong even got Carly to step into uncharted territory when he asked her to dance for the video, saying “She doesn’t dance and had no experience with it, but she (Carly) was excited about the idea and threw herself into learning some of the choreography. She was a trooper about that and did a really great job.” We agree!
Check out That Much Closer: Carly Rae Jepsen under the jump!
Here are five fast facts about That Much Closer: Carly Rae Jepsen!
1. It was quite the logistical challenge dealing with a spot with a lot of mirrors because the real world and the reflection world had to be shot separately and choreographed differently, but still make sense.
2. Carly Rae Jepsen was amazing to work with. She’s so good at what she does and it only made our job easier. She also has a really great looking reflection.
3. 1/3 of the mirrors were faked with reflections we had to shoot separate to avoid cameras and to make the reflections act in different ways from the real people.
4. The cast had to learn their dance moves one way and then learn a backwards version to play the part of the mirrors.
5. No mirrors were broken. The cast and crew expect 7 years of good luck.
Check out photos of the shoot and behind the scene shots from That Much Closer: Carly Rae Jepsen!Tweet