Check it out now!
Check out the updated lineup!
September 5th, 2013
The Naked and Famous – most famously known for their 2010 hit single, Young Blood – is back with a new song and video for Hearts Like Ours, from their upcoming second album, In Rolling Waves.
The track itself is a sparkling new song, bolstered by shimmering synths, a driving bass line and singers Thom Powers and Alisa Xayalith’s inspiring harmonies. The accompanying music video is a mash-up of images, so much so that we just thought we’d list it out for you instead of trying to describe it in one go.
First, watch the video for Hearts Like Ours below:
Here’s what you just saw:
- a bike
- a shirtless guy who’s back is turned to us
- someone swimming in a pool
- people standing in foggy places
- people floating in foggy places
- lead singer Alisa Xayalith sitting in a chair
- a shirtless man
- a boy wearing a shearling jacket and nothing underneath, holding a wooden mallet
- a shirtless man weightlifting while a spider stands on his stomach
- interpretive dancing on a roof
- a boy with bandaged-up hands
- people biking around
- tap dancing
- a girl listening to music
- a boy crying
- a girl standing with her arms out, holding two fire extinguishers
- the words ‘why so serious?’ lightly tattooed on the back of a man
- a boy holding a dog
- a man dragging another man into a foggy room
- a shirtless boy putting on suspenders and punching a wall
- smoke coming out of a door
- singer Thom Powers singing in a chair
- a guy in a sauna
- the girl coming out of the pool
- a guy climbing a tree
Now, what does this all mean?
a) This was actually Abercrombie & Fitch’s latest fall campaign.
b) The band had too many ideas and decided to run with all of them.
c) The band really likes shirtless boys and sad-looking girls.
d) All of the above.
Comment below with your answers and analyses!Tweet