Get your tickets now!
Check out the updated lineup!
April 27th, 2010
Hey Team! Darrin Rose here, from Video On Trial and Love Court. Eddie Della Siepe and I are taking our Jury Duty 2: Even Jurier stand up tour to London, Ontario this weekend. And it got me to thinking… London stole its name from the city in England. But, sometimes stealing isn’t bad – there’s all kinds of thievery going on in pop culture. Here are some of my favourite pop culture thefts:
• When Kristen Stewart stole Taylor Swift’s acting abilities – it’s like watching a wax figure act. (Have you seen The Runaways? TERRIBLE movie. And don’t get me started on New Moon. )
• When New Moon stole the plot of the first Twilight. It was exactly the same, but with werewolves! (See, you got me started!)
• When Amy Winehouse stole Tara Reid’s sense of self control
• When Lady Gaga stole the Muppet’s closet, and combined it with a bunch of stuff she pilfered from the Louvre
• When Drake stole the title of best rapper from the Lil Wayne/Jay Z/Eminem triumvirate – a feat which is all the more impressive when you realize two years ago he was on Degrassi: TNG! Bla-ow!
Upcoming tour dates:
April 29- May 1: London, ON, Yuk Yuks
May 6 – 8: Oakville, ON, Yuk Yuks
May 21-22: Kitchener, ON, Yuk Yuks
May 29: Sudbury Comedy Festival
Tags: amy winehouse, darrin rose, degrassi: tng, drake, eddie della siepe, eminem, jay-z, Jury Duty 2: Even Jurier, kristen stewart, lady gaga, love court, Muppets, New Moon, Tara Reid, taylor swift, The Runaways, twilight, video on trialTweet