We accept your apology, but…
Don’t believe us, just watch!
“I hate Bevers.”
Test your skills!
April 27th, 2010
Hey Team! Darrin Rose here, from Video On Trial and Love Court. Eddie Della Siepe and I are taking our Jury Duty 2: Even Jurier stand up tour to London, Ontario this weekend. And it got me to thinking… London stole its name from the city in England. But, sometimes stealing isn’t bad – there’s all kinds of thievery going on in pop culture. Here are some of my favourite pop culture thefts:
• When Kristen Stewart stole Taylor Swift’s acting abilities – it’s like watching a wax figure act. (Have you seen The Runaways? TERRIBLE movie. And don’t get me started on New Moon. )
• When New Moon stole the plot of the first Twilight. It was exactly the same, but with werewolves! (See, you got me started!)
• When Amy Winehouse stole Tara Reid’s sense of self control
• When Lady Gaga stole the Muppet’s closet, and combined it with a bunch of stuff she pilfered from the Louvre
• When Drake stole the title of best rapper from the Lil Wayne/Jay Z/Eminem triumvirate – a feat which is all the more impressive when you realize two years ago he was on Degrassi: TNG! Bla-ow!
Upcoming tour dates:
April 29- May 1: London, ON, Yuk Yuks
May 6 – 8: Oakville, ON, Yuk Yuks
May 21-22: Kitchener, ON, Yuk Yuks
May 29: Sudbury Comedy Festival
Tags: amy winehouse, darrin rose, degrassi: tng, drake, eddie della siepe, eminem, jay-z, Jury Duty 2: Even Jurier, kristen stewart, lady gaga, love court, Muppets, New Moon, Tara Reid, taylor swift, The Runaways, twilight, video on trialTweet