Watch again online!
Finale Friday 7E/4P
Rate your fave today!
Watch online now!
December 5th, 2007
In 2006 I discovered an amazing album called Orchestra Of Bubbles, by two German electronica artists called Ellen Allien & Apparat. It was easily one of my favourite albums and collaborations of the year.
This May, Ellen Allien put together her own CD as part of the Fabric Mix Series, and it was fairly popular.
Also this May, Apparat (aka Sascha Ring) released a solo album called Walls, and hardly a day’s gone by without me listening to songs from it. And the album art is so beautiful – I bought the vinyl just so I could have the art hanging on my wall:
You can listen to the entire album on his website. Definitely check out Arcadia. The vocals are stunning – like a more coherent Thom Yorke, backed by lush and air-y beats.
About Apparat (via MySpace):
- uses computers and various devices to generate sounds
- is never satisfied with anything
- likes the woods, the sea and the mountains
- fears getting erased from myspace again
- enjoys good single malt whiskey. maybe a little bit too much.
- hasn’t got time to listen to “a new song on myspace”
- sometimes gets along with women slightly better than with men
- would really like to have a greyhound but berlin isn’t the place for that
- doesn’t play any instrument very well
- forgets to tell some people how important they are from time to time
- tends to waste nice summers
- gets mad about things quite easily
- probably needs a haircut a bit more often