Are the odds in your favour?
Take the quiz!
February 27th, 2009
Rolling Stone magazine has a section called “Threat Assessment: The Good, The Bad, And The Scary”. It’s always in the National Affairs part of the mag and basically shows a diagram of things and people the magazine defines as good for America or bad for America. Simply put, The War in Iraq is considered “Against Us” and Barack Obama promising to bring troops home would be “With Us”.
Have a look so you see what I mean: (here)
So, based on that model I’d like to suggest my own “Music Threat Assessment” where in my own humble opinion I will list the events and or people who I feel are “Against Us” or “With Us” over the past little while, on the topic of music or the music biz.
1. Potential merger of Live Nation and Ticketmaster.
2. Chris Cornell featuring Timbaland.
3. Stevie Wonder and the Jonas Brothers perform together at the Grammys.
(p.s. bring it on Jonas fans)
4. Bruce Springsteen’s exclusive deal with Wal-Mart.
5. Ticketmaster scamming music fans with its own TicketsNow resale subsidiary.
1. The Red Hot Organization release 20th compilation called Dark Was The Night; 2 discs featuring Fiest, Buck 65 and Arcade Fire; have raised over 7 million dollars since 1989 for HIV research and awareness.
2. Al Green and Justin Timberlake perform together at the Grammys.
3. Faith No More reuniting for European Tour.
4. 2009 Coachella lineup.
5. Kings of Leon win Grammy.