Watch Sunday, April 13
Miley, Charlie and more!
August 12th, 2010
How are you making money this summer? Folding party-cardie’s at Old Navy? Packing boxes at Purolator? Mowing every lawn in your ‘hood?
Well your favourite celebs have been working just as hard on their sexy, brooding stares, their perfect hair, and picking the best clothes to show off their bodies.
TV Guide released its annual salary survey and can I just say…WOW. It’s amazing what some of these guys make per episode. Next year, I’m getting a summer job in Hollywood!
I scanned the list, and the majority of top earners were from adult dramas like House, Law & Order, CSI, Grey’s Anatomy, and a punch of other procedural dramas. But a few the actors from your favourite shows made the list (most of them way at the bottom of the list I might add) so here they are (pay per episode for 2010):
• Ryan Seacrest (American Idol) — $15 million (*per year)
• Dan Castellaneta/Julie Kavner (The Simpsons) — $400,000
• Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) — $180,000
• Betty White (Hot in Cleveland) — $75,000
• Jane Lynch (Glee) — $50,000
• Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries) — $40,000
• Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi (Jersey Shore) — $30,000
• Matthew Morrison (Glee) — $30,000
• Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) — $30,000
• Cole Sprouse/Dylan Sprouse (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) — $20,000
Now that’s a lot of money – more than any part-time job let me tell you! But it’s a far cry from what some of the big stars of TV are making. These are the Top Ten spots for TV actors: (pay per episode for 2010)
• Charlie Sheen (Two and a Half Men) — $1.25 million
• Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) — $550,000
• Marcia Cross/Teri Hatcher/Felicity Huffman/Eva Longoria Parker (Desperate Housewives) — $400,000
• Hugh Laurie (House) — $400,000
• Mariska Hargitay/Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU) — $395,000
• David Caruso (CSI: Miami) — $375,000
• Marg Helgenberger (CSI) — $375,000
• Mark Harmon (NCIS) — $375,000
• Tina Fey (30 Rock) — $350,000
• Jeremy Piven (Entourage) — $350,000
• **plus American Idol and The Simpsons from above**
Quite frankly, if I go to Hollywood and meet any of these guys, they have no excuse not to take me to an expense restaurant and pay the bill!Tweet