August 7th, 2010
Highlights in short form…I may have heat stroke, dehydration and really want to make some of Stars’ performance.
What I learned so far:
– 80,000 sweaty alcoholic bodies writhing around in the grass doesn’t smell great but feels kinda good.
– Kid Sister is my homey….still very sweet, ready to drop her mixed tape and a new track with Travis Barker and Snoop. Plus she complimented my outfit saying “Mixed girls don’t have to try”
– Perez looks kinda crazy up close but in a good way and he loves and misses everybody in Canada.
– Lady Gaga has made me rethink stage diving and the power of fishnets in fashion.
– J Cole is definitely not the new Drake and seems very sweet. Also he’s not as intimidated by Jay Z as everyone thinks. He’s also really tall.
– Strokes are still gorgeous although Albert is VERY tiny. Loved their opening to Queen.
– Matt and Kim love Erykah Badu almost as much as I do but definitely inspired her more (see their video vs her Window Seat)
– Jimmy Cliff was sent from the heavens.
– Fried corn and black beans tastes great with coconut water.
– Nneka is a new artist I’m obsessed with and with good reason…earth mother…check her OUT. Also she’s playing El Mocambo THIS TUESDAY! GO!
– Chromeo DID use their own eyes and lips (some of the time) for their video.
– Nathan from Wavves IS a little crazy but in a good way. We fought about the character development of ‘Duckie’ from John Hughes’ ‘Pretty in Pink’ – not sure who won.
– Lady Gaga has inspired me to yell more and perhaps start working out more intensely…perhaps….maybe.
– I’m waaaay more into The Pretenders than I give myself credit for (I’ll let you know how the Chrisse Hynde interview goes).
More later….xxox SarahTweet