November 28th, 2012
Think you know Simple Plan? Test your knowledge of these Big Jingle performers here with our ten factoids of these Canadian pop punk rockers.
1. They might be Simple Plan but their hearts ain’t simple: the boys have the Simple Plan Foundation which has raised over $100,000 for charity.
2. Simple Plan has been recognized for their efforts too. Simple Plan were the recipients of 2012′s Allan Waters Humanitarian Award, which is annually given to that Canadian artist, whose humanitarian contributions have positively enhanced the social fabric of Canada that year. Simple Plan are also the youngest Humanitarian Award winners in the history of this award.
3. They might have penned the world’s first song in which the lyrics is comprised of tweets. This Song Saved My Life was written by you guys.
4. They band is called Simple Plan because a producer had just recently watched the movie A Simple Plan, the 1998 film starring Bill Paxton and Billy Bob Thornton.
5. Wanna follow them on Twitter? Now you can @simpleplan.
6. You all know Simple Plan’s collaboration with Natasha Bedingfield for their track Jet Lag but did you know that Canadian songstress Coeur De Pirate also helped write the track and there’s a recording with her voice too? Check it out here.
7. The first song that Simple Plan wrote directly for band was I’d Do Anything, which also was their first single off of their debut album.
8. I’m Just A Kid was written before the band signed a record contract.
9. Did you know that Pierre Bouvier appears on the Artist Against song True Colours? Watch it here.
10. Wanna know more? Simple Plan is debuting a book on November 22 called Simple Plan: The Official Story and a portion of the sales will go towards the Simple Plan Foundation! I smell a great Christmas gift.
Simple Plan performs alongside Bridgit Mendler, Austin Mahone, Carly Rae Jepsen, Cody Simpson, Sky Blu, The Wanted, and Shawn Desman at The Big Jingle which goes down December 2 at 4:30E. Check out our Big Jingle site for everything related to the biggest holiday concert of the year! And if you haven’t gotten your tickets to the party, you can do so here!
@notquiche His voice IS pretty recognizable ;) Thanks for watching! You have good taste.
@MNHunterxo The weirdest. We like that you like it.
Guilt trips from a Fleshlight named Veronica. A new episode of #TripTank is on now, and it's...different.
"May any child who tips over a man in a Port-A-Potty be publicly executed. Am I right?" Thanks for a WEIRD season, @WorkaholicsCC!
@janellelapointe We'll always have next season!
@WorkaholicsCC Pube art > reclaimed art.
@janellelapointe Nothing can match the emotions of last Wednesday, though.