Check out the pics!
Started from the bottom
January 23rd, 2014
Noel Gallagher is not only a founding member of Oasis, but he may also be a founding member of the ‘Oasis is Shite’ club. Thanks to YouTube user nutsngum2, who did not spend the afternoon mowing the garden as instructed by Gallager, we now have a supercut of Noel’s best lines about the band’s iconic music video discography. And by ‘best lines’ we mean all the times he tears the videos apart.
The entire 10 minute clip is definitely worth watching, but we couldn’t help but pick our six favourite moments. We’d warn you about the language, but this is Oasis, so you should probably be expecting it by now.
1. “That wasn’t an actual record player by the way and he wasn’t a real clown.” - Wonderwall
2. “I fucking hate videos, I hate everything about them. I hate that they cost a fortune, I hate the fact that you have to be there at 8 in the morning. I hate that you don’t leave until 8 in the fucking next morning. I don’t like the fact that the people making them think they’re making Apocalypse Now…Who fucking watches videos these days? No one. A right fucking con if you ask me.” - Whatever
3. “I was fucking drunk in this video. Look at how pissed I am there. That’s me really pissed…I remember Liam being furious that day because I think it was the one time I was more drunk than he was.” - Whatever
4. “I’d grown out of the video experience quite quickly. By the third one it was like ‘this is a load of bollocks.’…This is randomly suggested nonsense and people are just going to film it. There’s a lot of Adidas going on here.” – Live Forever
5. “Why was I dressed like that? I look like fucking Columbo.” – Supersonic
6. “If you need four guys to walk around in slow motion, we were the fucking best at that.” - Stand By Me
Watch the ten minutes of commentary below, which rivals The Wolf of Wall Street for most uses of the ‘f’ word in one sitting.Tweet