Rate your fave today!
Watch May 23 8E/5P
Watch online now!
Vote now for Your Fave!
February 15th, 2012
We all bust out our maxi skirts when the summer rolls around – that kind of weather really permits for some flowy fabric. But have you ever thought of bringing out those billowy beauties during the winter? Think about it – you’d look endlessly chic doing so!
Here are five easy ways to rock a maxi skirt, even though the snow covers the streets.
1) Style your maxi skirt with winter layers like printed button-up tops and chunky knit sweaters. Very Alexa Chung.
2) Colourblocking is all the rage this year – let loose your colourful maxi skirts and pair them with a muted sweater top for a runway look.
3) Much like Rihanna at this year’s Grammy Awards, a plunging neckline is super classy. A lightweight maxi skirt with that plunging piece is tres cocktail party.
4) Maxi skirts are naturally feminine, especially with muted, romantic colours. How about you try it with an edgy leather jacket to amp up the bad ass factor.
5) I am a huge fan of anything sheer. A maxi skirt and a sheer top (of any colour!) gives off a sensual, BoHo chic aesthetic.
Have fun dressing up with these tips! Tweet us some outfits at @trendingtheshow! And don’t forget to catch us at 7pm, ET, on MuchMusic!
-Jay de BelenTweet