Rate your fave today!
Watch May 23 8E/5P
Watch online now!
Vote now for Your Fave!
February 20th, 2009
Remember MuchMusic’s VJ Search from years past? In 2006′s “reality show” edition (which I remember because it equalled a midnight shift for a couple of us…ew), many of you voted for Tim Deegan in the sizzling season finale.
Think you can do better? We’ve got a MuchMusic VJ Open Call happening next Saturday, February 28 from 10am to 5pm ET.
If you think you’ve got what it takes and want to inject MuchMusic’s programming with some much-needed verve and enthusiasm for pop culture and music, come down to MuchMusic headquarters (that’s 299 Queen Street West, as if you didn’t already know) with a headshot and resume. MuchMusic producers will be meeting and talking with everyone that comes down.
OR, if you can’t be here on Saturday, you can upload your audition video directly to us right here for us to watch.
Good luck, everyone! And don’t call us, we’ll call you!
UPDATE! Many of you have asked followup questions in the comments, and here are the answers!
1. What are the age restrictions? You must be 18 or older to audition.
2. When is the deadline to send in a video if I’m not coming down to MuchMusic HQ? There’s no deadline on the video submissions. We’ll keep your submission any time we’re casting for on-air roles, whether it’s for a VJ, Video On Trial juror, or other parts.
3. What are the headshot requirements/dimensions (if any)? – No headshot required – any photo will do. Just make sure if there is more than one person in the photo to indicate which one is you.
4. Is this for a summer contract position or is it permanent full time (ie what if I’m in school)? We are casting for a new full time VJ. But we are always on the lookout for new talent!
5. Is there a time limit for the audition tape? Don’t make it longer than 3-4 minutes. We’re a distracted bunch and we get bored quickly!Tweet