Finale Friday 9E/6P
Watch Tuesday 8E/5P
Vote now for Your Fave!
March 10th, 2010
Welcome, welcome, come on in and have a seat. Time to gather round for the second edition of the Wednesday Book Club! This week we have all the latest boosip (that’s book gossip) on the steamy hawt book scene…maybe not that steamy, but still supa dupa cool!
Is the Duffster writing a book? Whose hands are those on the cover of Twilight and what do they mean? Did books dominate the Oscars on Sunday? What book release this week am I super excited about? I’ll get you caught up on the goods, plus we’ll discuss our book of the month, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book One: The Lightning Thief.
* Hilary Duff has announced that she will be joining the list of celebs-turned-authors. The Duffster will be releasing Elixir on October 12. The storyline follows fictional photographer Clea Raymond through a dangerous love triangle. Scandalous! Hilary is already planning a children’s book for 2012 that will focus on divorce, a subject Hilary dealt with growing up when her own parent’s marriage ended. Will you read the Duffster’s new books?
* Ever wonder whose hands are on the cover of Twilight and why they’re holding an apple? The hand model for the cover of Twilight, Kimbra Hickey, thinks she knows. “I think that because the story is being told from Bella’s perspective they should be her hands. So I think they are Bella’s hands and Edward is the “forbidden fruit,” says Kimbra. Makes sense to me! What do you think the covers of New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn represent?
* I’m a little bit late in jumping on the Chelsea Handler bandwagon. We unfortunately don’t get her show here in Canada (tear) so I watch it any chance I get when I’m in the US (yay!). I just finished reading her first book, and I’m so excited to get her latest book, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, which hits stores yesterday. A note of caution – these books definitely come with a parental warning!!!
* Did you watch the Oscars on Sunday night? The highlight for me was Kristen Stewart coughing on Taylor Lautner. You stay classy K Stew. But, did you know that a ton of the films nominated actually started out as books? Ya-hah! Let’s have a look at the list, shall we?
Precious, Based on Push by Sapphire
The Blind Side by Michael Lewis
Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
Up in the Air by Walter Kim
An Education by Lynn Barber
* Dame Judi Dench will be releasing her autobiography in October, titled And Furthermore. The book will cover Dench’s career both on stage and on the silver screen. I’m sure it’ll be a dame good book.
Book Club Time!
This weeks question…
Percy Jackson’s father is the greek god Poseidon and is therefore a demigod, meaning he has one parent who is a god and one who is human. This gives Percy supernatural powers. Harry Potter is the son of wizards and therefore is a wizard himself. Bella Swan was born with a silent mind and is the only person in the world whose thoughts cannot be read by Vampires.
Of these three characters, who do you think has the greatest super powers? What super powers would you want to be born with?
Tags: An Education, Bella Swan, Chelsea Handler, Dame Judy Dench, Fantastic Mr. Fox, harry potter, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, hilary duff, JK Rowlings, Julie and Julia, Julie Powell, Lynn Barber, Michael Lewis, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightening Thief, precious, Roald Dahl, Sapphire, Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Blind Side, up in the air, Walter KimTweet