Read the recap!
2013 MMVAs on June 16!
Finale Friday 7E/4P
April 21st, 2010
It’s a bossip (book gossip) overload this week! The Kardashian sisters are writing a book – scary! Which star of The Hills is adding author to her resume? *Hint: she’s also on the The City…k, that was more than a hint. Plus, news on Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff, Johnny Weir, Susan Boyle, and of course our question on the book on the month – The Last Song!
Turn the page and jump!
* The Kardashian sisters are writing a book. Eek times three. Says Kim Kardashian about the ‘super-candid’ book, “It’s going to have lots of fun tips and stories and everything about relationships.” Wowowowowow. Wait a dang minute. One of you dated a guy that put your sex tape on the internet, one of you is dating the world’s biggest d-bag and one of you married a dude after dating him for a week. I think I’ll stick with Dear Abby for my relationship questions. Kim also says “It’s a little bit more of an in-depth look into our lives, even though people think that they’ve probably seen everything.” That’s not true, Kim. We’ve seen more than everything!
* Susan Boyle, who shot to fame after appearing on the UK show X Factor, says that she is writing her autobiography titled The Woman I Was Born to Be. Boyle says that she hopes the book will be an inspiration to people. “My story demonstrates that you shouldn’t just look at the label, you should look at the whole person, emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually, and I hope that telling it will show that dreams are not impossible, if you’ve got courage and a willingness to go on no matter what the circumstances.” Aw geez, that sounds nice. I won’t make fun.
* When asked why she decided to write her upcoming book Elixir, Hilary Duff said “I’ve always loved the escape of a great book.” Well Hil, I’ve always loved the escape of a good chocolate bar, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to start calling myself Willy Wonka and get orange people to follow me around and start talking about snozberries. Duff, you’re an overachiever and the results ain’t always so good…I think this is one of those times.
* Whitney Port is coming out with a style guide for young girls called True Whit. The book will cover topics such as decorating an apartment, how to dress for a date and how to throw a party. I’m undecided as to whether this will actually be of any value.
* Figure skater and fashionista Johnny Weir has announced that he will be releasing a book in 2011. Publisher Gallery Books describe the book as a “collection of wildly entertaining anecdotes and essays about everything from pop culture to skating to fashion to Johnny himself”. I’m always skeptical when celebs/athletes make seemingly unrelated occupation jumps like this…but it could work.
* Miley Cyrus has had to cancel her promotional appearance for the London premiere of the film version of the book The Last Song. Miley posted an apology to her fans on her website expressing her disappointment in being unable to make the London premiere. Damn volcanic ash.
This weeks book club question: How well do you think the actors in The Last Song represented the characters from the book?Tweet