Tues. 8E/5P M3
All grown up!
Before They Were Stars!
August 18th, 2010
Comic Geeks, movie buffs, and fans of hot guys: get ready to start your engines. X-Men: First Class is about to start filming but they’re missing one important piece of the puzzle. Who should play Scott Summers AKA Cyclops AKA the future leader of the X-Men?
I’ve got some of the best young actors out there listed (from Pretty Little Liars to Gossip Girls to High School Musical) so you tell me who gets your vote. The list is a combo of cyber-rumours and my own recommendations (yes, I’m a total comic nerd) who I think could handle the role of the mutant leader. What do you think of the options and who would you pick to play the part?
The American Teen, the Gossip Guy, or the Pretty Little Liar?
Daren Kagasoff – from The Secret Life of the American Teenager
Chace Crawford – from Gossip Girls
Brant Daugherty – from Pretty Little Liars
The Freak, The God, or…the High Schooler?
Josh Hutcherson – from Cirque du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant
Logan Lerman – from Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Zac Efron – from High School Musical
A former young Cyclops, a new Hero, or the Gay roomie?
Tim Pocock – from X-Men: Wolverine Origins
Aaron Johnson – from Kick-Ass
Kieran Culkin – from Scott Pilgrim Versus the World
Currently, the cast features:
• James McAvoy – Charles Xavier / Professor X
• Michael Fassbender – Erik Lensherr / Magneto
• Rose Byrne – Moira MacTaggert
• Nicholas Hoult – Hank McCoy / Beast
• Lucas Till – Alex Summers / Havok
• Edi Gathegi – Armando Muñoz / Darwin
• Caleb Landry Jones – Sean Cassidy / Banshee
• Jennifer Lawrence – Raven Darkholme / Mystique
• Jason Flemyng – Azazel (Nightcrawler’s daddy!)
• Kevin Bacon – top secret (rumoured Sebastian Shaw / The Black King)
• January Jones – Emma Frost / The White Queen
• Oliver Platt – “The Man in Black” (a new non-mutant character)
• Zoë Kravitz – top secret (most likely a young Ororo Munroe / Storm)
The movie will center on Xavier’s and Magneto’s friendship and how they went their separate ways on mutant rights, plus the formation of the X-Men, the Brotherhood of Mutants, and what looks like the Hellfire Club.
Stay tuned for more news as it comes!Tweet