Check out the pics!
Started from the bottom
December 16th, 2013
The holidays call for a marathon of classic Christmas films, and one of our all-time faves just turned 10 years old this year! Elf starring Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel may have only been released in 2003, but it has easily made its way onto our must-watch list in the month of December. And with it airing on MUCH tonight at 10E/7P, we wanted to revisit all the reasons why Elf is the quintessential Christmas movie.
1. Will Ferrell is the perfect elf.
Even though Ferrell’s zany characters are usually wilder, his portrayal of a lost elf in New York City is so pure and heartfelt that we wanted to adopt him into our own families.
2. We are reminded to treat every day (at least in December) like it’s Christmas.
3. Also, it’s the holidays, which means it’s time to stuff ourselves silly with all of the food.
4. In between decorating every inch of your house, of course.
5. Oh, and this.
6. Blonde Zooey Deschanel.
7. Blonde Zooey Deschanel singing:
8. One of the cutest romances in Christmas movie history.
9. It’s super funny.
10. It’s just a great reminder to be kind, generous and loving to everyone (especially your family and friends) because that’s what the holidays, and life in general, is about, right?