Read the recap!
2013 MMVAs on June 16!
Finale Friday 7E/4P
July 28th, 2010
Hey! What are you doing this weekend? As in July 31st & August 1st? Any big plans? I know! You should check out this year’s 2010 Osheaga music festival in Montreal! Pourquoi (aka why!)? Well let me serve you some delicious tid-bits on fun facts, and reasons to hit up this summer’s not to miss musical event…
- The festival takes place on Montreal’s Parc Jean-Drapeau on Île Sainte-Hélène! Islands = fun!
- Montreal hometown heroes Arcade Fire are Saturday’s headliner! What a treat it will be to see the band perform on their own turf! Audience members might just get to hear a few new songs from their upcoming record The Suburbs!
- This festival is only 4 years old, meaning it’s still young, hot, and fresh! Osheaga is hitting its peak and is ready to take on the world! Osheaga is the next Lollapalooza or Coachella if you will!
- Devo are going to be performing. You know that song “Whip It”? Yeah. Those guys.
- There will be bunches of crazy awesome Canadian talent representing! The list of Canadian bands and artists performing at this year’s Osheaga is unbelievable! I’ve already talked about Arcade Fire, but have I mentioned Metric, K’Naan, Stars, Owen Pallett (aka Final Fantasy), Deadmau5, or Japandroids? Yeah. You can check ‘em all out at this year’s festival!
- As if that wasn’t enough, Osheaga also features and handful of indie darlings! Beach House or Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros anyone?
- If even THAT doesn’t convince you, this year’s Osheaga also features quite a few heavy hitters! I’m talking Weezer, Sonic Youth, Pavement, and Snoop Dogg! All hitting up the Osheaga stages this weekend!
-Oh yeah and by the way? There are 4 stages this year! Each jam packed with some great acts! So you don’t have to choose! Check out THE FULL lineup and schedule here!
So did I convince you? Yay! Can’t wait to see you there! Can’t make it? Lucky for you, I’ll be bloggin’ and photo takin’ at Osheaga all weekend, so keep your eyes locked on MuchMusic’s Red Hot blog! Get it? Got it? Good.Tweet